Suckers go out for pizza
Active Dry Yeast
00 Flour - not bread flour or all purpose
- Pour the warm water into the bowl of a stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast over the water. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the Antimo Caputo “00” Pizza Flour, then the Kosher Sea Salt.
- With the mixer fitted with the hook attachment, mix on medium-low (2nd gear on the KitchenAid Stand Mixer) until a ball is formed, about 1 minutes. Once all ingredients are incorporated and a ball is formed mix 8 minutes.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and divide into 2 equal portions. Roll each half into a ball, place in an oiled container. Cover. Refrigerate at least half an hour before use.
- On a floured work surface, stretch the dough thin.
*** this makes 2 perfect 14" pizzas