- x cups chicken stock – follow instructions for grits
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups raw yellow grits
- 2 teaspoons old bay
- 2 cups shredded white new york aged cheese
- 1 pound peeled shrimp 30-40 count
- 1 cup dice tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup grean onions
- 1/4 pound button whipped with 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a sauce pot over high heat, bring the chicken stock to a simmer
- then add the cream, grits, and seafood seasoning.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the mixture has thickened and all the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the cheese, and stir thoroughly to blend, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the grits from the heat and keep warm. In a saute pan over medium heat, add the grapeseed oil and shrimp, and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are faint pink in color, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, white pepper, and green onions and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the flavored butter.
- Allow the butter to melt and coat the shrimp, then remove the pan from the stove.
- Divide the grits among the plates and spoon the shrimp-tomato mixture over the top and serve.