Hey yo dez are beau-te-ful !
Instant Dried yeast
Warm Water 110 degrees
- Bloom yeast by mixing warm water, yeast and sugar, and give a stir. Set aside for 10 min until foamy.
- Add Flour to mixing bowl with salt.
- Add yeast mixture when foamy and mix until all flour is Just incorporated.
- Place dough hook in mixer and kneed this for 8 minutes until dough is smooth. (you can do my hand on the counter too)
- Place dough ball in an oiled bowl, cover bowl with damp towel and set in oven (turned off) for 1 hour.
- Punch the bitch down like it owes you money.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and divide into 8 parts.
- Fold the sides of each ball out and into the middle of the dough ball. On a dry surface roll the dough ball around to make tight tiger claw style. Seam side down.
- Cover for 10 minutes.
- With a floured finger and thumb press a hole through the center of the dough ball and then with 2 index fingers, roll one over the other and stretch about a 1 inch hole in the center. Repeat for each one.
- In a pot of boiling water, add the baking soda.
- Have a lightly oiled sheet pan ready and oven at 425.
- Drop around 4 bagels into the water not crowing the pool and boil 1 minute per side then flip over on the other side. Use a slotted spoon or spider.
- With 1 egg scrambled brush each one of these ugly wrinkled this with egg wash, lightly without dripped onto the pan.
- Apply bagel seasoning if you wish.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on wire rack.