- 1 medium onion
- 2 cans 5oz baby clams
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 6-7 medium red potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6-7 Strips Bacon
- Add bacon to sauce pan and cook on medium low heat until crispy.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add flour and cook for a few minutes. This will make a thick paste, so leave the bacon grease in.
- Add clam juice from both cans.
- Add potatoes.
- Cook and cover until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally so potatoes won’t stick.
- Add clams, soup, cream, milk, and dill weed.
- Stir together.
- Add butter and let melt into the chowder.
- Cook for about 30-45 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir occasionally.
*For a slower cook add everthing in after Step 3 and simmer for 2 hours. Watch the salt, the soup and bacon have plenty.
Throw the entire damn stick of butter in, it’s butter! Maybe a little more dill weed and the whole pack of bacon! No one is looking!