Comfort and Sides
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups water
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 16 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Add the macaroni followed by the butter, water, ground mustard, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the bowl of the Instant Pot. Place the lid on and set the vent to “sealing.”
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 5 minutes, then manually release the pressure.
- Open the lid and add the cubed cream cheese stirring until smooth.
- Add the milk and shredded cheese and continue to stir until all of the cheese is melted and smooth.
*** Leave the Instant Pot on warm while you mix in the final cheese, then turn off. Let this sit for a few minutes to thicken up.