- 1 Pound of Chuck Roast (nearly any cut will do)
- 2 Medium White Onions
- 3 Gloves of Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dashi Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Mirin
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4-8 Eggs (optional)
- 3 Scallions
- 3 Cups Uncooked White Rice (save your extra for fried rice)
- Slice the onions and beef as thin as you can manage
- In a deep pan, preheated under medium heat, cook onions and garlic until the onions are translucent. Do not cook for color.
- Add all other ingredients
- Reduce the liquids until there is just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. (let it cook down, don’t strain that good stuff)
- Serve on top of white rice white 1 or 2 over easy eggs on top garnished with scallions.
Chill or nearly freeze the beef before butchering. It will cut easier and you’ll more consistent thin slices.