Entrees and Italian
- 12 ounces Linguine
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces pancetta chopped
- 1/2 small onion small dices
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 grind pepper
- 1/2 cup peas – thawed
- BRING a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to the package directions, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. WHILE the pasta is cooking, whisk together in a large bowl the Parmesan, Pecorino Romano, parsley, and eggs. Slowly drizzle in some of the reserved pasta water, whisking until the mixture is well combined and forms a sauce for the pasta.
- HEAT OIL a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook until edges are crisp, about 6 minutes. Remove the pancetta with a slotted spoon and reserve. Drain off all but 1 table spoon of fat from pan. Add onion and sauté until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté one minute more. Add the wine and cook until almost all the liquid is evaporated. Remove the pan from the heat.
- ADD the onions, pancetta, peas, and linguine to the egg-and-cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine and serve with more parmesan.
Drop some chicken or shrimp on this.