- Select Sauté on your Pressure Cooker and allow it to heat.
- Add olive oil to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot and then dump in the beef and break into pieces as you brown.
- When meat is finished browning, remove and drain.,
- Add mushrooms and sauté until brown. Add onions and saute until done, then add garlic and sauté one more minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and the meat. Place the tomato paste on the very top so it doesn't reach the bottom. It will get stirred in at the end.
- Lock on the lid and close the Pressure Valve.
- Cook on High pressure for 6 minutes (or half the time indicated on your package of macaroni). When Beep sounds, allow a 5 minute natural release, then carefully do a quick release.
- Top with freshly grated cheese.
For Pete Sake this is not goulash!