Italian and Sauces-Gravy-Dressings
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1 Clove Minced garlic
- 1 Dash Pepper
- 1 Dash Salt
- Mix butter & flour over medium-low heat a minute or two – don’t brown.
- Add Cream, pepper, garlic, salt and Parmesan
- Cook over medium heat while stirring, reduce heat to low when thickened and cheese has melted.
- If you need to use milk, do so. In a small bowl mix 2 teaspoons of cornstarch and 2 teaspoons of water. Pour this in to thicken, but only if using milk.
Keep your eye on this, it burns fast.