Shrimp and Grits
It's shrimp AND grits.
Chicken Stock - Follow instructions for grits
Raw yellow grits
Shredded white new york aged cheese
Grape seed oil
Peeled shrimp 30-40 count
Green onions - chopped
Butter - whipped with 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- In a sauce pot over high heat, bring the chicken stock to a simmer
- then add the cream, grits, and seafood seasoning.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the mixture has thickened and all the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the cheese, and stir thoroughly to blend, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the grits from the heat and keep warm. In a saute pan over medium heat, add the grapeseed oil and shrimp, and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are faint pink in color, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, white pepper, and green onions and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the flavored butter.
- Allow the butter to melt and coat the shrimp, then remove the pan from the stove.
- Divide the grits among the plates and spoon the shrimp-tomato mixture over the top and serve.