New England Clam Chowder
Is that the red or the white?
Throw the entire damn stick of butter in, it's butter! Maybe a little more dill weed and the whole pack of bacon! No one is looking!
- Add bacon to sauce pan and cook on medium low heat until crispy.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add flour and cook for a few minutes. This will make a thick paste, so leave the bacon grease in.
- Add clam juice from both cans.
- Add potatoes.
- Cook and cover until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally so potatoes won't stick.
- Add clams, soup, cream, milk, and dill weed.
- Stir together.
- Add butter and let melt into the chowder.
- Cook for about 30-45 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir occasionally.
*For a slower cook add everthing in after Step 3 and simmer for 2 hours. Watch the salt, the soup and bacon have plenty.