Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Great addition to any chicken.
Have 1 tablespoon corn starch to 1 tablespoon of water mixed up on hand to thicken this sauce up if needed. You don't have to pour all of it in.
Marsala cooking wine (dry)
Garlic - minsed
- Heat olive oil in oven safe pan.
- Cut shallots to a very fine dice.
- Saute mushrooms and shallots for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove this and place in a bowl.
- Cook chicken in the same pan until seared brown on both sides, roast in oven.
- Remove chicken and cover with foil on the cutting board.
- Heat stove top to meduim high.
- Deglaze pan with the wine and cook down to about half.
- Add the mushroom mixure.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper and lemon juice and butter.
- Deduce heat to medium - low and cook this down until thickened.
- Spoon some on the plate and smear it, then place sliced chicken fanned over it.
- Add a little more to the top of the chicken.