Evil little balls of yummy.
Freeze the hell out of these! They melt.
Butter - softened
Semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and confectioners' sugar.
- The dough will look dry. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
- Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes.
- Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.