Beef Pho-Instant Pot
Paul's first recipe...
- Thin sliced onion
- Sliced scallion
- Tai Basil leaves
- Lime wedges
- Bean sprouts
- Wash / Rinse Ox tail with water several times through colander until clear.
- Par boil Ox tail removing scum from top as it cooks. Rinse with cold water.
- Char 1/2 Onion and Ginger slices under broiler
- Roast Pho spice pack in pan (dry) until fragrant (3-4 min). Place in bag.
- Add Ox tail, onion, ginger, spice pack, beef base, rock sugar and salt in Instant Pot.
- Add water to almost max level (8 cups?)
- Instant pot on manual high sealed pressure for 60 minutes then turn on slow cook.
- Skim fat off top of soup with straining spoon. Remove onion and other floating materials.
- Add 3 tbs Fish sauce and continue to slow cook on warm until ready to eat.
- Boil Pho noodles as directed.
- Add noodles to bowl and add think sliced onion, steak and scallion
- Place 3 cups boiling soup over mixture.
- Garnish with basil, bean sprouts, lime wedges and hot sauce / jalapeño as desired.